Senior Software Engineer - FI Derivative Trading
Posted Dec 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 112708
Our Fixed Income Trading systems offer end-to-end trading workflows including price discovery and negotiation, real-time analytics/pricing and execution, and are fully integrated with the Bloomberg terminal.
On the FI Trading Team, our systems are the gateway between Bloomberg and the financial industry, providing workflows for trading Interest Rate Swaps (IRS) and Credit Default Swaps (CDS), forming the largest buy-side electronic trading platform for fixed income derivatives.
We develop rich user interfaces which are powered by backend servers in C++. As developers, we own the software end-to-end, and use a variety of technologies whilst practicing innovation. Our software supports the entire trade process: displaying instrument prices on the terminal, creation of trading tickets, and processing of over-the-counter negotiations. CDS and IRS are complex derivatives featuring many important financial details, and it is therefore essential for us to build products that allow our traders to see a lot of information while keeping our systems performant and flexible.
You’ll need to have:
- Professional C++ experience
- Passion developing full-stack applications (UI and back-end)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience building robust, scalable production systems and working with multithreaded applications
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work on client-facing products
- Own the full development process – from gathering requirements to testing, rollouts, and maintenance
- Build high performance systems
- Learn and influence how the financial markets operate by working closely with product managers and clients
We’d love to see:
- Professional Typescript and Python experience
- Experience developing full-stack applications
- Familiarity with developer productivity tools such as Jenkins, Grafana and Humio
- Experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org