Senior Software Engineer - Event Driven Feeds
Posted Dec 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 112882
As the financial world continues to move toward software rather than humans making trading and investment decisions, companies need streams of financial data to feed their systems and build their businesses. Our team builds distributed systems providing publisher/subscriber, request/response and end-of-day snapshot services via various APIs. Our services provide real-time machine-readable structured feeds of textual news, news analytics including various sentiment analysis, economic indicators, corporate events, and company documents. Some of our services also provide access to Bloomberg’s NLP model as a web service. Our enterprise systems are one of the fastest growing areas of Bloomberg and are used by banks, hedge funds, asset management and proprietary trading companies to drive their businesses. We work with internal teams across Bloomberg to turn our wealth of data and analytics into useful APIs and data feeds and integrate with external clients on the cutting edge of financial technology.
What’s in it for you:
Our team’s goal is to build new products to provide content to Bloomberg’s large and growing enterprise customer base. We aim to be the programmatic interface to the data available on the Bloomberg terminal, providing access to everything via software accessible APIs. As such, our suite of products is constantly expanding, providing you the opportunity to build new software and systems. You’ll have the opportunity to design and build new products from scratch, working with our skilled product and engineering teams to design and implement new technical solutions, while relying on the stable infrastructure of Bloomberg supporting your builds and deployments.
You will have an invaluable opportunity to work with a collection of technologies and languages such as Kafka and other messaging technologies, distributed no-SQL and relational databases, Hadoop, Spark, Web APIs, C++17/20, Scala and Python3.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design robust, resilient distributed systems and client facing services meant to run 24/7 supporting the businesses of financial customers
- Write well documented, production quality library and application code
- Drive the full life cycle of a project from gathering requirements to deployment
- Work directly with product partners and other engineering teams using Agile development practices
You’ll need to have:
- Experience working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Be passionate about service stability, performance, and resilience
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, partners and management
We’d like to see:
- Experience with cross-team collaboration with other specialists, business teams and/or clients
- Professional financial knowledge or fintech experience
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org