User Support - Analytics, Commodity Specialist - Mumbai
Posted Jan 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 113298
We provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximise the value of Bloomberg's products. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages.
Bloomberg is constantly innovating and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively working closely to up-skill them through technology, and delivering on-site training and seminars. We also work in conjunction with Enterprise Sales to deliver on strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and onboarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter.
What's the role?
You're someone that understands the nuts and bolts of local and global Commodity markets and overall Energy Transition landscape. With a consultative approach, you’ll identify our clients' needs and demonstrate how Bloomberg's Commodity solutions will help them make the best investment and/or trading decisions. Coupled with this technical knowledge will be a service mindset, meeting clients face-to-face on a regular basis and working to ensure usage of our solutions. You’ll also be an excellent communicator, well adept at giving product demonstrations and presentations to current clients and prospects.
We will trust you to:
- Utilize your strong market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends, and demonstrated technical skills to build and maintain credible relationships with your clients, create clear and up-to-date documentation of client needs, and communicate effectively with external stakeholders
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external customers
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients
- Develop and establish your own road-map of initiatives based off your in-depth understanding of markets, tools and workflows that align with product, sales, and company goals, and then maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Actively generate leads and contribute to sales campaigns, prioritise product enhancement requests for our Product and Engineering teams, and provide valuable customer intelligence that drives product improvements and sales performance
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years experience within a buy-side or sell-side firm, or other market vendor
- Extensive working experience in cross commodities, with Energy Transition and Carbon markets knowledge an advantage
- Outstanding presentation, training, and communication skills in English
- Aptitude to excel in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills, and be a self-starter and proactive collaborator
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients, and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.