Senior Software Engineer - Sell Side
Posted Jan 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 113369
The Sell-Side Engineering team builds a world class Enterprise Trading System for all types of Fixed Income instruments such as bonds and derivatives. We build high performing and scalable broker-dealer trading platforms that include powerful calculation engines, straight-through trade processing, profit and loss (P&L), risk, and electronic trading. We create the world’s best Trader and Salesperson workflows that allow Sell-Side traders globally to manage and run their trading operations.
The new team in Frankfurt will be responsible for the e-trading system exchange trade workflow, these components interact with the exchange gateways and downstream applications within the e-trading system. Having ownership of the components and working alongside our product owners to meet the growing demands of our e-trading business. Our application is critical to our clients’ businesses and they must be able to rely on it.
Check out more about how we work and what it means to be a Sell-Side Senior Software Engineer at Bloomberg in our blog post: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-team-sellside-engineering/
How we work in Sell Side Pre-Trade:
- C++ and Python are our main languages. We use Kafka, BMQ, Docker, Shrinkwrap and Devise among other technologies.
- We emphasise incremental build of features and technical improvements to strike a solid balance between product delivery and technical excellence.
- We use Agile Scrum and the Scaled Agile Framework to deliver results and increase collaboration with other Engineering teams in Sell-Side.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work both independently and with our highly collaborative and inclusive teams.
- Develop strong partnerships across Engineering, QA, your team’s Product partner, and support teams.
- Follow and promote best practices that yield high-quality software, balancing this with the needs of our clients and other stakeholders.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- The desire to take ownership of projects and components and help plan and deliver the long-term evolution of our systems.
- The drive to build a knowledge of our clients’ use-cases and apply this to engineering decisions to serve our clients better.
We’re incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you’ll collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation.
Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
Since 2021 we’ve been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to collaborate across teams.
We’re big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, we hold regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you’re in the office you can enjoy brand-new facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, “outside the box” approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you!
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.