Posted Jan 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 113615
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
After more than a decade of easy-money central bank policies, credit markets are set to face their biggest challenge since perhaps the 2008 financial crisis, with an expected wave of corporate defaults and bankruptcies. Bloomberg News wants to own the story of what comes next, and we’re seeking a Reporter who can help us cover companies in bankruptcy.
You'd be part of a team that covers the most financially troubled companies in the Americas. The field includes some of the biggest household names, and a roster that's likely to grow. The job includes digging through bankruptcy dockets to tell the stories of company downfalls, and working sources to break news on the next wave of filings.
We're passionate about breaking news and writing stories that set the agenda, and we want reporters who are just as comfortable taking the lead on a story as they are collaborating with teammates.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Break news and cover regular court hearings on the biggest bankrupt companies in North America
- Develop sources to generate intelligent, high-impact, scoops
- Talk about your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg Quicktake
- Analyze industry data
- Dive deep into complex legal documents and cut through industry jargon to explain major deals
- Cover the beat with speed and accuracy
- Write insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally. YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A minimum of four years in journalism with a proven track record for breaking news on beat coverage of a company or industry
- Experience with real-time news
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.