Senior Asia Economy Reporter - Singapore
Posted Feb 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 113892
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is seeking a journalist with experience in Economics, Bonds, FX or other markets to step up into a reporting role to help drive our economics coverage across Asia and the world. You're comfortable mining spread sheets and research reports for analytical takes on trends across Asia's biggest economies. You are equally comfortable travelling at short notice to economic hot spots, interviewing shopkeepers, business people and families to show how economic trends affect human lives. You will be covering a vast region from Wellington to Karachi where you'll jump between stories examining the latest trends in central banking and economic indicators to reporting on themes such as climate change, inequality, labor markets, health, trade frictions, housing and other issues that shape the economic outlook across Asia.
We'll trust you to:
- Write insightful stories on the Asia Economy while spotting new trends and connecting the dots to craft insightful, enterprise stories
- Build and use your contacts to help Bloomberg chronicle the growth and impact of the economy in the region
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams, bureaus and countries to break news and deliver a global perspective to our audience
- Be innovative and think creatively about ways to make our content accessible to a diverse audience of business-savvy readers
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in journalism
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Experience covering the economy or financial markets as a reporter
- Ability to spot trends, find holes in stories and work with reporters to deliver impactful news to our readers
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.