Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack - Entitlement & Risk
New York, NY
Posted Feb 8, 2023 - Requisition No. 114001
Data Security and Privacy is one of the most important areas in the modern digit world. Bloomberg hosts a large amount of data from 3rd-Party data providers and Exchanges, such as news, equities, research reports, earning & estimates, bonds, FX, derivatives, muni, etc. It’s critical to manage proper privileges for both internal users and clients to access any data set. These access might require data fees which are directly linked to Bloomberg revenue while regulations, policies from different regions, countries and data providers require the comprehensive Entitlement system to guard the data.
The Entitlement and Risk team is responsible for protecting the data in Bloomberg, managing enterprise level of Risk by providing a suite of modern, highly-available, enterprise entitlement applications and access control infrastructure. We build various client-facing and internal applications for entitlement management workflows via Bloomberg Professional platform as well as REST APIs and the FIX Protocol; we also own applications for the company’s data policy, data classification. Our infrastructure for entitlement checking is one of the most used infrastructure across most Bloomberg Terminal functions and Enterprise solutions. Our applications help our clients stay ahead of the markets in a very dynamic environment.
About the role:
In this role, you will work closely with our business partners to identify critical data entitlement problems and architect the solutions that can effectively protect sensitive data while reducing the need for human intervention. The software solutions that you create will directly affect the daily work of our internal users.
We'll expect you to be:
- The owner of the product – you will work closely with the business to build effective and user-friendly products
- A solid team player - you will work within the team and outside the team in a highly, collaborative environment
- Innovative - you need to think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Passionate - you're passionate about our diverse set of users and products
- Proactive - you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and releasing high-quality software in C++, Java, C#, and/or Python
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience with Python
- Microservices / Distributed architecture / complex workflows experience.
- Prior work with middleware technology (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with caching technology (e.g. Redis, memCached)
- Database schema design, performance optimization skills and query tuning
- Familiar with unit testing, CI/CD and Dev-Ops.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus