2023 Bloomberg Apprenticeship: International Trade and Logistics Level 3 (Supply Chain)
Posted Feb 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 114049
Qualification: International Freight Forwarding Specialist Level 3
Programme Duration: 15-18 months
Start Date: September 2023
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours.
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. We will support you every step of the way. When you start, you’ll be connected with a buddy and a mentor who’ll help you navigate life at Bloomberg and support you as you pursue your new career. Regular check-ins will ensure you’re happy and on track to reach your true potential.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
This Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in changing or starting a rewarding career. During your time with us we will support you in combining work and education - you will have an opportunity to obtain a qualification in international logistics while also being an important and highly valued member of the team. We’ll teach you the key concepts and administrative techniques required to work in a business environment. Skills such as organisation, data manipulation, customer service, stakeholder management and the ability to work well under pressure.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You'll have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment. You will have access to a comprehensive internal training programme and will be provided guidance on every step of your apprenticeship journey to take your career to the next level.
Introducing the Supply Chain team
Bloomberg’s Supply Chain team is responsible for planning and managing all shipments of goods required by the business, in compliance with international trade laws and regulations, in those countries where we conduct business operations.
As a Bloomberg Supply Chain professional, you have two critical focus areas: to provide an outstanding hands-on logistics service to a broad range of clients and ensure effective management of various supply chain / logistics workflows.
As part of this team, you will learn to play a key role in all aspects of Bloomberg’s international trade requirements, including domestic and international shipping, trade compliance and vendor management.
Your day-to-day responsibilities in this role may include, creating export shipments based on business requests in SAP for specific countries, understanding the documentary requirements and the record retention process, effecting Customs import clearance processes for some EU countries, assisting with obtaining carnets, creating necessary reports and learning about export licenses.
You will identify and drive process improvements. You are hardworking and willing to inspire change, challenge current working processes through operational understanding and data insight. You will continuously assess current practices and strive to improve delivery processes through experience and recommendations to leadership.
- Available to start September 2023
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, including Maths & English (9 – 4 on the new grading system)
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including a professional demeanour.
- An interest in international trade and logistics requirements
- Desire to develop skills and experience in global shipping in a fast-moving supply chain environment
- Willingness to learn innovative technologies and ability to retain information
- Careful attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving skills as well as an ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- An interest in progressing a career within Bloomberg
What’s in it for you?
- Gain invaluable work experience
- Earn a competitive salary
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain access to excellent support networks
- Have the opportunity to complete formal training and study towards a qualification
- Become part of our Bloomberg Apprenticeship community
- Participate in Bloomberg’s philanthropic efforts, volunteering events and communities
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Assessment Day & Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org. ***