Net Zero Senior Data Analyst
Posted Feb 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 114090
At Bloomberg we are committed to fighting the battle against climate change. That’s why we’re taking action, using our expertise in data – and decades of experience leading from the front – to tackle climate change from every angle. Climate change is changing the way market participants allocate capital, and the ability for businesses and investors to understand their climate related impacts, risks, and mitigation pathways is essential.
Our offerings are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. As a team, we are responsible for the development of Net Zero Transition focused data solutions for Bloomberg, and work across key climate initiatives.
As part of the Net Zero Data Management Team you will have a direct impact on global efforts to fight climate change. As part of the team you will have an enormous impact on supporting the global financial sector’s work to stop climate change and ensuring that financing and capital allocation decisions occur in ways that enable the world to reach net zero by 2050 in line with the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the team in efforts to develop a framework and operationalization plan for third party data onboarding and data quality.
- Present on data management to senior management, demonstrating key success criteria and ensuring the delivery of goals.
- Work with our research team to embed data quality and control features into their processes for data modeling and mapping.
- Engage with partners to understand business needs and define requirements for forward looking data quality needs, performing data profiling and data analysis to drive decision making.
- Analyze current and -future data quality practices to find opportunities for process improvements and optimizations.
- Construct and maintain data linkage graphs to build better quality, connected datasets.
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying jurisdictional requirements and field level relationships.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years working with sophisticated company disclosure data.
- The ability to work autonomously and take ownership of the development and delivery of key data management projects.
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of partners including senior management and external firms.
- Experience deploying and maintaining processes for data validation and quality control.
- Experience with Python, SQL, and associated programming tools for data analysis.
- Working knowledge of company financial data models.
- Successful track record of working across product, data, and engineering teams.
We’d love to see:
- Prior exposure to company emissions datasets and associated quality processes.
- Experience balancing and linking across multiple data reporting standards.
- Demonstrable ability to work with external/vendor teams to deliver data tools.
- Experience working with machine readable formats like XBRL.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.