Climate Finance Research & Data Analyst, GFANZ - Global Public Policy (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 114172
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a new member to join our team to support the Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ) Secretariat. In this role, you will bring technical expertise to support the development and tracking of key transition finance information in support of GFANZ leadership to assess and measure progress and make decisions. This role will be responsible for establishing processes and relationships required to manage GFANZ key performance indicators (KPIs) and understand the context of KPIs within the GFANZ work program. In particular, GFANZ needs to track net zero commitments, targets and the development of transition plans by GFANZ members to support various functions including our external communications, engagement with members and other key stakeholders including policymakers and support members across the financial system in achieving their net zero ambitions, such as through case studies of leading practice.
We’ll trust you to:
- Research climate finance relevant topics and liaise with technical experts in the team to gain a strong understanding of GFANZ work and stay up to date on industry developments
- Perform statistical analysis on transition-related data and interpret the results
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources, design and maintain databases
- Present data in easy-to-understand terms
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst, Financial Data Analyst or within Climate Finance/Capital Markets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals
- Excellent time management and process management skills including ability to draft, socialize, and update on progress
- Excellent organizational abilities and can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Proven skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in BI dashboards is a plus
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong critical thinker and proactive problem solver
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, please have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 82 - 96 USD Hourly