Operations and Events Manager, GFANZ - Global Public Policy (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 114174
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ) is a coalition of leading financial institutions committed to accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy in line with governments’ commitments under the Paris Agreement. GFANZ was established in 2021 as a forum for addressing sector-wide challenges associated with the net-zero transition, helping to ensure high levels of ambition are met with credible action. Members – numbering over 550 financial institutions from 50 jurisdictions – have committed to the goal of net zero by 2050, in line with science-based pathways to limit warming to 1.5 degrees C. Learn more about GFANZ at www.gfanzero.com.
GFANZ has a multifaceted program aimed at mainstreaming net zero transition planning and mobilizing capital to emerging markets and developing economies. This will require outstanding and strategic management of our central operations, outreach, scheduling, and event planning.
What’s the role?
We are looking for experienced and effective individuals to support our senior leadership team by providing operational management of our key governance committees, workstreams, events, and high-priority meetings. The role involves: working closely with the Executive Director of the GFANZ Secretariat and the broader senior leadership team to project manage key events, meetings, processes and relationships; helping to develop outstanding process and stakeholder management; and driving the logistics necessary to deliver GFANZ’s impactful, action-oriented work program.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the development of a strategy and work plan for the management of GFANZ’s key committees and work streams
- Help implement the strategy through time, by organizing and running structured meetings with a private sector working group of financial institution representatives
- Work with colleagues across GFANZ secretariat, financial institution members, Bloomberg LP, Bloomberg Philanthropies, TCFD, and other key stakeholders to coordinate and plan crucial strategic engagements – such as COP28 and PRI-in-person
- Help to produce and manage key content for set meetings and committees and manage information flow in a timely manner
- Develop and run key Board management procedures
- Input to articles, speeches, briefings, and other work to develop and explain concepts in support of net zero aligned finance
- Manage scheduling and logistics for the convening of key external facing governing bodies including Principals group, Steering Group and Advisory Panel
- Provide coordinate, planning and execution support on GFANZ run roundtables, workshops, and webinars
- Take comprehensive meeting notes and minutes on internal and external facing meetings to ensure actions are appropriately addressed
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in finance, events, operations, or climate, preferably with supporting C-Suite executives
- Experience managing complex or important schedules and processes
- Experience presenting on complex topics to senior stakeholders, including distilling the subject matter in a way that is easy for others to understand
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, to build and maintain the necessary relationships, ensure we understand priorities and preferences, and find agreement to move forward
- Excellent writing skills, including for senior-level briefings, memos, and speeches
- Excellent time management and process management skills including ability to draft, socialize, and update on detailed workplans and milestones, and keep these moving to schedule in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A highly collaborative approach to working with colleagues and wider stakeholders to draw on all relevant expertise and deliver our work in an efficient manner
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, please have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 38 - 50 USD Hourly