Head of Marketing ASEAN, South Asia and ANZ - Singapore
Posted Mar 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 114427
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insights. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
The Bloomberg Marketing team is an industry leading and award winning department at one of the most influential financial services and technology brands in the world. Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize and create opportunities to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build brands. We create programs and campaigns that captures market attention and drives business impact. We move fast, and our core approach is to add value and be results oriented.
What's the role:
- Financial Solutions Marketing Team Lead is responsible for the definition and coordination of our marketing strategy, execution and reporting in partnership with key business stakeholders across Sales and Product.
- Reporting to the Head of Marketing APAC, this individual will lead the local marketing management team to plan and implement marketing plans that support our business objectives. That includes but is not limited to building brand awareness and the solutions we offer for the Financial Services industry, generating and nurturing leads, and deepening existing client relationships to drive stronger brand loyalty and retention.
- This individual will also be responsible for driving collaboration and aligning audience objectives with peers in other APAC markets as well as London and NY to help achieve broader Marketing goals for the Financial Products business globally.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for being the main strategic partner for the Financial Solutions business, setting direction for the local Marketing Management team, developing team members, and making sure results are achieved, measured and reported.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate to identify local business priorities (with local Sales and/or Product teams) and define the appropriate marketing strategy and direction
- Work with the local team to create results driven, multi-channel Marketing plans that support those priorities
- Manage the full Marketing cycle from strategic planning to execution leveraging all of our internal & external agencies and functional partners
- Be responsible for a number of marketing programs to support regional business objectives that build awareness, generate leads and nurture existing client relationships
- Be hands-on, detail-oriented, self-organized, and proactive in coordinating and leading marketing activities from every angle to achieve maximum results for the region
- Be an advocate for the Bloomberg brand and ensure that all marketing activities are aligned
- Ensure integration between all planned marketing activities whether by an audience or product, as well as alignment with the broader global marketing team covering the same audiences in different regions
- Think strategically and execute tactically
- Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
- Be innovative and creative to bring new ideas to the team
- Help to ensure proper integration and alignment of all marketing, communications, government relations and philanthropy activities, whether by audience, product or geography
- Actively lead and participate in global conference calls with both New York and London. Have flexibility to attend sporadic evening and morning calls.
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in a regional integrated B2B marketing role in financial services or IT services marketing
- Experience in developing complex marketing plans and coordinating execution across live/virtual events, website, content, digital and social media marketing
- Experience in managing teams in a matrix reporting environment
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills and problem-solving skills with an ability to create project plans and manage through seamless execution
- The ability to adapt and learn about new market trends and new audience opportunities
- The ability to lead by example to drive results
- The ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
- Successful track- record in partnering with multiple stakeholders i.e. Heads of Sales, Product, Communications, Government Relations and Philanthropy teams
- Proven continuous career growth within an organisation
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Flexibility to travel within region and sporadically to NY and London
We’d love to see:
- A good understanding of the financial services market in APAC in general
- Knowledge of enterprise data, derivatives, risk and regulation technologies for key financial organisations such as banks, hedge funds, asset managers and a good understanding of the agenda of key decision makers such as CIOs, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and an ability to adapt and learn a new market
- Experience with quantitative marketing strategy including data mining/extraction and analysis of marketing campaigns including customer profiles, communication strategies, customer segmentation and reporting
- Experience gathering and leveraging marketplace insights, competitive analysis and research to inform strategic marketing programs
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.