Market Specialist - Pharmaceutical and Healthcare sector
Posted Mar 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 114505
The Market Specialist team support our Sales teams serving as subject matter experts within Bloomberg. On any given day in this role, you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our tools and services with the product management teams. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company!
The market specialists are comprised of a broad spectrum of individuals with varying backgrounds and skills with experience from the buyside, sellside as well as market and industry participants. The teams core responsibility is not only to heighten our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, we also play a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and are a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team also highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications, or speaking at internal and external events.
We will trust you to:
- Utilise your strong market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends and proven technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our terminal business, data products and suite of Enterprise solutions
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how they can or could use our products and technology to solve them
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external customers
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients
- Develop & establish your own road-map of initiatives based off your in depth understanding of markets, tools and workflows that align with product, sales, and company goals. Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Experience within either the Equity Research, Investment Banking, Accounting, Corporate IR or Corporate Strategy space within the pharmaceuticals or broader Healthcare industry.
- Extensive relationships with corporates and market participants in the pharmaceutical or broader healthcare industry.
- Strong understanding of Modelling and Valuation including in-depth knowledge of financial statements
- Passion and understanding of equity markets, including what can drive stock prices as well as KPIs in the pharmaceuticals and broader healthcare industry
- An understanding of the workflows of the buyside, Sellside or Corporates within the industry
- The business insight required to use your knowledge and experience to make good judgement and quick decisions to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- The ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences with varying knowledge and expertise
- A proactive approach with the ability to collaborate within and across departments on both departmental and company-wide initiatives in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles.
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal or similar product financial services and data
- A willingness to travel across Europe as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
We’d love to see:
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Experience with engaging and managing business relationships with customers
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to explore and validate ideas across different data sets
- Intellectual curiosity with an innovative spirit to discover opportunities to implement and incorporate data to improve efficiency of workflows
- Good understanding of new Analytical tools such as Jupiter Books or coding such as Python would be advantageous
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org