Bloomberg Data - Dividend Forecasting Research Analyst, Singapore
Posted Mar 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 114965
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a Dividend Forecasting Research Analyst, you will produce powerful results through your research and insights. You will need to have the context – meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you’ll develop expertise in key global industries and manage the corresponding data. You’ll learn to use your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers. You’ll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. Our team of analysts produce insights and research that move the market every day, and we are growing. That’s where you come in.
We’ll trust you to:
- Function as a subject matter expert internally and externally - producing, reviewing, and updating dividend forecasts for your assigned portfolio of securities
- Conduct comprehensive, bottom-up analysis of companies to develop dividend forecasts
- Monitor and interpret major company developments, equity and derivatives market sentiment, and evaluate their impact on dividends
- Build and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Lead internal projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg with clients at industry events in a SME capacity to promote our data, products, and services
- Build relationships in the market and across the business (Product, Sales, Engineering) to understand the latest trends and developments, using them to improve our product offerings
- Use your knowledge and expertise to generate thought leadership content via news stories, research reports, and webinars
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions, by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
You’ll need to have:
- 1-4 years of recent market data experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions (including funds or asset management space)
- Experience in equities or derivatives products
- Demonstrated experience in equity analysis or financial market research related roles (for example fundamental analysis, financial statements & ratios and company valuation metrics & models)
- Desire to improve and further develop our data products
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to take a logical approach and apply critical thinking skills in order to solve problems
- The ability to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Demonstrated analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English
We’d love to see:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
- Knowledge of and/or curiosity about derivatives
- Experience/specialty in a particular sector
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com