Quantitative Researcher, Portfolio Analytics
San Francisco, CA
Posted Apr 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 115331
Bloomberg’s Portfolio Analytics Research group is responsible for the development of quantitative models for the analysis of portfolio risk and performance. Our team is committed to delivering industry-leading quantitative models for portfolio analysis. These models are used by many of the largest and most sophisticated investors across the globe. We value teamwork and are dedicated to fostering a collaborative and vibrant research culture with a commitment to excellence.
Bloomberg is seeking an individual to join our Portfolio Analytics Research team. The role encompasses applying machine learning techniques to portfolio analytics, including: factor modeling, volatility forecasting, scenario analysis, tail-risk estimation, and portfolio optimization.
We’ll trust you to:
- Research, develop, and validate models for portfolio analysis
- Collaborate with Data, Product, and Software Engineering teams
- Propose and substantiate new research ideas
- Communicate clearly through face-to-face meetings, presentations, and written publications
- Deliver on complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Perform literature reviews and keep apprised of current research
You’ll need to have:
- PhD degree
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more statistical programming languages
- Proven experience using machine learning to solve problems in quantitative finance
- Demonstrated effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
We’d love to see:
- Degree in Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar quantitative field
- Python experience
- Familiarity with software development tools such as GitHub
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is a disability-inclusive employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 155,000 - 285,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus