Enterprise Services - Services Monitoring Engineer
Posted Apr 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 115484
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
We are Enterprise data services - fast paced, agile, innovative, and growing. We are at the heart of where, change meets value, technology development, data, and client relationships. Our vast selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients can get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
We’re looking for a passionate, highly technical, energetic self-starter to join our family. As a Service and Data Monitoring Engineer your responsibility will come in two facets. One, to express creativity, innovation and drive in scoping and developing new features on our Real Time and Reference Data Monitoring platform. Second, ensuring of our telemetry’s ongoing stability, high functionality, and accuracy for monitoring operations. You will be working with our Product, Engineering, Data and Service teams to deploy and mature our monitoring services. Using heuristic or machine learning techniques you will safeguard outstanding quality and availability of ever-growing suite of Enterprise products.
Our culture is fast paced, versatile and innovative and you should have a track record of bringing persistence and creativity together to solve difficult and interesting problems while advocating best practices. You’ll be solution focused with the ability to perform meaningful diagnosis and troubleshooting quickly and accurately along with developing additional tools. This includes big data analytics to draw insights from historical trends of varied financial and telemetry data. You are a programming professional who is logical, analytical and has experience building from the ground up or working with real time market data monitoring tools. You are not afraid of making independent decisions when required. You will also work directly with some of our largest enterprise customers.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Innovate and act as a continuous service improvement champion, embracing automation, and process optimization of Enterprise monitoring solutions
- Continuously challenge the status quo of existing monitoring systems within Enterprise and upstream engineering teams
- Work, hands-on, designing and developing new production monitoring tools
- Develop business rules to monitor both technology stack as well as data availability and quality with increasing focus on machine learning methods, rather than heuristics
- Exhibit excellent documentation skills ensuring clarity and continuity
- Provide technical and product support to our customer facing user base including during critical incidents
- Build dashboards visualizing performance of our monitoring platform
- Manage regular communications and updates to the key business and technology stakeholders
You’ll Need To Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or related subjects
- 4+ years of experience with real time monitoring platforms
- Industry experience with software development in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, .NET, and C++)
- Industry experience with log aggregation tools like SPLUNK or HUMIO and Monitoring UI tools like GRAFANA
- Strong understanding of Linux system and shell scripting
- Exposure to building and scaling out mission-critical, highly available and high throughput systems
- Experience with data analytics, especially drawing actionable insights from data
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple technical streams as well as lead client engagements whilst collaborating across different teams
We’d Love To See:
- Exposure and understanding of financial data, especially real time market data
- Experience working with one or more market data vendors (preferably Bloomberg)
- Experience with ITRS or similar monitoring system
- Experience developing commercial products
- Experience in using data science techniques and statistical methods, to draw insights from data, including using popular tools, such as Pandas, Dask, SciPy, Spark, Bokeh, etc
- Experience with building and deploying machine learning anomaly detection systems
- Experience using big data distributed processing technologies, including Hadoop and Spark
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
Does This Sound Like You?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com?