Product Manager - Bloomberg Vault, Trade Ingestion and Archival
New York, NY
Posted Apr 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 115510
Bloomberg Vault is a hosted data management service that delivers integrated trading and communication archival, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics capabilities through Bloomberg's scalable and reliable global infrastructure. We are deployed at thousands of global financial institutions who rely on Vault to help them aggregate, archive, and analyze their data to meet their regulatory obligations. We compete in a highly dynamic market and are at the forefront of exciting innovations in data science, artificial intelligence, and advanced analytics.
What’s the role?
As a Product Manager for this fast-growing business, this person will help drive the strategy and technical development of Vault's Trade Ingestion and Archival Product. The role will be to manage the ingestion, integrity, and retention of all trade data that flows into Vault’s immutable Trade Archive. This person will coordinate with various teams from across Bloomberg’s internal trading systems (RHUB, AIM, TOMS, CIS, etc.) as well as 3rd party OMS and EMS platforms to normalize different protocols into a unified, multi-asset class data schema that underpins Vault’s powerful suite of trade analytics and reconstruction capabilities.
The Product Manager will work closely with engineering, sales, marketing, compliance, and legal teams to own the full development lifecycle of your product roadmap to support Vault’s growth. They will also actively engage with our demanding client base and internal businesses to promote our products and integrate our solutions. Beyond the specific product remit, this person will be expected to contribute their insights and expertise to shape our larger Vault strategy and will take on various other projects throughout the year. Bloomberg Vault is a high-profile and competitive business unit within a world-class organization and operates with an innovative start-up mentality.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand market dynamics and consider commercial models to develop a product vision and roadmap
- Work across product and function, setting agendas, and breaking down large business problems into discrete, achievable steps
- Assess risk, challenge assumptions, make consequential decisions, and execute with initiative and integrity
- Present and advocate on behalf of Vault to senior audiences with confidence and gravitas to win business and push their product strategy forward
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of product management experience*
- Proven domain expertise in trading systems, workflows, use cases, and front-end applications across buy and sell-side institutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of communication or trade surveillance engines, applications, and workflows and experience in developing or managing these systems
- Experience with analytics, data visualizations, or deployments of AI/ML-based technologies applied to large financial data sets
We’d love to see:
- The ability to quickly adapt detailed knowledge of, and develop strategy around, a wide range of projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A solid understanding of the global regulatory regimes (MiFIDII, MAS, MAR, Dodd Frank, etc.) and obligations that currently and potentially impact our customers
- Prior experience using the Bloomberg Terminal with exposure to Regulatory and Compliance tools
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we will certainly consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.?
Does this sound like you??
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.?
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus