Market Specialist - Commodities
Posted Apr 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 115815
The Market Specialist team serves as the financial markets & workflow experts at Bloomberg. On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be collaborating with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our product. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company!
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We will trust you to:
- Apply your strong market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends and demonstrated technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise solutions
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients concerning the challenges that they face, and how they can use our products and technology to address them
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external customers
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg products through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients
- Establish your own roadmap of initiatives that align with product, sales, and goals of the company. Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in the oil, power or gas markets ideally gained from working in a front office role within a commodities sales and trading business
- A strong understanding of trading strategies in your area of expertise, and a comprehensive understanding of the underlying fundamentals that underpin that market
- Extensive and strong relationships within your market
- Practical experience using the terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with groups across the Sales Department and Product Management, coordinate client needs and internal constraints to help prioritize potential enhancements in Bloomberg Commodities functions
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small across a wide range of levels of understanding of commodity markets
- A reciprocal and commercial mind-set, along with ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles
- A willingness to travel across EMEA as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Evidence of innovative/creative approaches in developing new or existing business
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitor market research and business development
- Experience working cross functionally with software development teams on product enhancements
- Good experience of data analysis in Excel &/or Python would be ideal but not a prerequisite
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com?