Markets Live Strategist - Singapore
Posted Apr 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 115895
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is looking for a global macro strategist to join its Markets Live team in Asia. The position requires a keen grasp of financial markets and their interconnections, the ability to recognize and react to market-moving news, and the analytical skills to look beyond headlines and identify underlying shifts and trends.
You have an eye for the news that matters for markets, and the skill to translate what it means for macro investors. You will take cues from macroeconomics, geopolitics and monetary policy, and then translate them into actionable market insights. You will contribute data-based analysis of trends across asset classes and collaborate with our team of bloggers, as well as the broader newsroom, to further raise the bar of our markets coverage. You will be encouraged to look to market contacts, conferences, academic research and even Twitter to build on your expertise and keep your finger on the pulse of what gets our clients buzzing.
We’ll trust you to:
- Exercise excellent news judgment
- Identify underlying themes and shifts in global markets and explain the potential consequences for various assets on Bloomberg's Markets Live blog
- Write with authority and flair in English
- Be collaborative
- Have the ability to tap a varied pool of market contacts and analysis tools to shape original insights on significant trends
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum five years of experience either analyzing or trading global asset markets in a professional capacity
- Proven experience writing in English about markets via published research material or distributed daily commentary
- Experience working and collaborating with various stakeholders across the region
- Relevant qualification or experience in one of economics, mathematics, statistics, finance or markets
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with Bloomberg terminal functions
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.