AI Ethics and Policy Reporter
San Francisco, CA
Posted May 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 116035
Bloomberg News invests in its journalism and its journalists. We have a culture in which you will be supported and challenged to innovate, to learn new skills and to deliver news in a manner best suited to the modern reader's interests. You will grow as a writer, as a data-driven journalist, and over time you will be exposed to a rich selection of opportunities only available at the world's most credible financial news organization.
We’re seeking a persistent, talented and intellectually curious reporter who can explore the ethical and regulatory dimensions of the emerging field of artificial intelligence. We aim to hire someone with a profound appreciation of both the potential benefits and unintended harms resulting from chatbots, robots, online search, voice assistants, facial recognition, fraud detection, crime prevention and the gamut of other AI applications. This reporter will explore the ways AI innovators are grappling with ethical quandaries surrounding AI as well as the regulatory guardrails that are being erected in the US, Europe and other parts of the world to protect against the potential dangers of this technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of a broad range of applications of artificial intelligence technology.
- Commitment to the idea that journalism can and should hold the powerful to account.
- A record of high-impact stories that changed perceptions.
- A large stable of knowledgeable sources in the areas of AI ethics and public policy, and you possess the drive to continually develop new ones.
- Your copy is clear, succinct and well organized.
- Ability to work quickly under deadline pressure.
- Capable of contributing to a range of platforms, including Bloomberg Terminal, the web, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg TV and short video formats.
- Commitment to the best journalistic practices, sound judgment and a willingness to learn.
- A team player, willing to collaborate across teams and time zones
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 120,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus