Financial Services & REITs Team Leader- Company Financials
Posted May 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 116192
Bloomberg runs on data. In Bloomberg Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. Across Company Financials Data Teams, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after reported-on and broker-estimated financials that are normalized across industries and companies, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Data’s Company Financials team. Our team of sector-aligned analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing.
Using innovative, collaborative, and customer focused approaches to data extraction, aggregation, and standardization, Company Financials Data analysts use industry knowledge and company financial data subject matter expertise in order to build a comprehensive client experience across the product offering throughout the earnings cycle, including pre-earnings through guidance and consensus creation, at the time of earnings through the IPO process all the way to the quarterly reporting process from earnings to preliminary results to audited full financial results, providing performance and surprise analysis, for robust company and peer analysis.
Here’s where our team's industry expertise comes into play. Whether we are sourcing market data from new or existing providers or processing sophisticated financial data – our team's work will help ensure the consistency and quality of company portfolios at an industry level.
The Financial Services Data Team is looking for a Team Leader to lead and develop a strong team of industry specialists, leading the data management and analysis for the sector, including specialty finance, institutional financial services, and financial data processors, as well as real estate investment trusts (REITs). Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards within the sector and collaborating with others to lead all aspects of the delivery of accurate and timely financials data while curating company and industry specific analysis.
In this role, you will be encouraged to drive the development of expertise in the financial services industry and REITs within the team and manage the corresponding data. You’ll need to drive the development of financial knowledge and analytical thinking in your team to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Your team will transform sophisticated data and work processes into financial data products that are indispensable to our users. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues, and partners across all business units including Business Managers, News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Sales & Analytics, our Data Governance team, and Engineering.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage a high-level understanding of financial services industry and company data, in order to locate, gather, and analyze financial services data in a proficient and timely manner, to provide information and analysis for clients. This includes staying current on relevant issues and trends within the financial services and REITs sectors.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of analysts who will be financial services specialists and experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, data analysis, and project management. You will need to lead various projects that may include segment and product analysis, specialty finance and institutional finance data analysis. Additional projects will include real estate companies including owners and developers, services, and integration of alternative data sets into Bloomberg’s data and related economic analysis.
- Empower your team to provide news and content on financial services trends, with technical analysis of timely data points such as interest rates, inflation, and other macro economic factors that impact the financial services industry, to assist our Product team and customers
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions, as well as knowledge share in regional financial services and real estate sector nuances
- Build processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level of customer service goes above and beyond
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and improve product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Apply your passion for deep learning of an industry to our team’s overall vision, and leverage that knowledge to drive decisions about interoperability of data relevant to that industry
- Lead and mentor team on large and sophisticated data projects and business initiatives related to the industries they cover
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a previous or current role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business, or in a related field of study
- A deep understanding of the trends that drive the financial services OR REIT industries, be able to quantify the global influences impacting the industry, and provide information that can aid commercial decisions.
- A passion to learn the sectors within your team where you do not have as much exposure
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing outstanding service to Business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Strong understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Passion for building deep sector and industry knowledge, and demonstrated interest in and familiarity with a specific sector
We’d love to see:
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- Familiarity with financial services and REITs analytics data and available industry statistics, as well as influencers such as interest rates, inflation, corporate earnings, consumer spending, foot traffic data and geolocation data
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Company Financials Products, Bloomberg terminal fluency, and/or Bloomberg Global Data workflows
- Experience or strong interest in financial modeling, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, SQL experience, Modeling and Coding experience
- Experience working with industry data as part of your product coverage
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.