Software Engineering Team Leader - Ticker Plant Feeds Logic - Hong Kong
Posted May 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 116212
Bloomberg is the premier provider of real-time market data to the financial world. The Ticker Plant is a high-performance processing pipeline and a low-latency time-series database for global financial market data. We are at the core of Bloomberg, handling more than 80 billion events a day on millions of financial instruments.
Bloomberg Ticker Plant’s mission is to aggregate, enrich and disseminate real time market data ranging from niche hand-priced venues to the trading centres of the global financial system. We make all this accessible with the stroke of a key via the user-facing Bloomberg Terminal as well as programmatically through our range of Enterprise solutions that form the backbone of today’s financial institutions.
In Hong Kong, we’re looking for a Team Leader of a team which will specialize in the market data we receive from venues across the Asia Pacific region. The team leads all aspects of the quality of that data, and reacts to real-world changes to ensure our crucial financial information keeps flowing to our clients. In addition, the team is proactive in improving Ticker Plant’s internal client interface, with a broad remit to improve user interfaces, tooling, and documentation.
You’ll employ your strong technical skills and demonstrated people management ability to lead an impactful team. You’ll guide and coach your team members on software engineering principles and industry standards. You’ll represent Ticker Plant to its broad network of partners across Asia Pacific, while acting as a leader in a growing engineering community.
What’s in it for you?
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a hands-on technical leader and build a critical team in Bloomberg’s market data infrastructure. You’ll gain valuable experience leading a small team of dedicated engineers, while remaining hands-on, to create the future technology of the Ticker Plant in Bloomberg.
We’ll trust you to:
- Inspire and motivate your team to achieve great results, while supporting individual growth and development
- Take the lead on hiring and helping build the engineering and domain skills required to maintain a critically important system
- Lead the development of technical solutions to meet current and future business needs
- Ensure continuous improvement of solutions and discover new ways of working as a team
- Establish methodologies that result in high quality of software, systems and services
- Create a strong team culture which is focused on delivering value and increasing individual and team capabilities
- Develop strong partnerships across internal development teams and business teams
- Take risks. You will be encouraged to explore, innovate and strive to exceed expectations, while at the same time inspire the same attitude within your team
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with technical leadership
- Demonstrated experience with people management - leading and coaching team members and influencing third party technology strategy
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering and coding in object-oriented languages such as C++, Python, Java
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of software development
- An ability to foster a collaborative team environment and promote a culture of teamwork and excellence
- Excellent relationship management skills. Our customers are software developers in other teams.
- The ability to listen, communicate, challenge and influence team members, peers and your management
- The desire to own issues and handle effectively through to resolution
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
To learn more about our Engineering teams, visit: bloomberg.com/engineering
Read about the unique problems we’re solving: TechAtBloomberg.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.