Enterprise Services - Portfolio Implementation Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Aug 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 116239
PORT Enterprise solution helps our clients make quicker and more informed decisions by empowering them with the tools to define appropriate investment universes with benchmarks, successfully implement optimal investment portfolio strategies, easily and accurately measure portfolio risk and return, and streamline their overall investment management workflow.
What's the team?
The Portfolio Buy-Side Implementation team is responsible for the full implementation of customers that will use Bloomberg’s Portfolio and Risk solution, PORT. Main responsibilities will include Pre-Sales engagement, Data Ingestion Set-up, Workflow Configuration, and Analytics Reconciliation.
What's the role?
PORT Enterprise implementations require detailed project plan creation, regular partner meetings and in-person client training. Individuals on the team will be required to be well-versed in multi-asset classes, have a technical understanding of data-flow, and will be required to have strong project management skills. You will need strong relationship management skills and possess advanced product knowledge of PORT and indices as well as an in-depth knowledge of fixed income and derivatives. This is an implementation role and could require regular travel to support clients mainly across Japan, and occasionally the APAC region. You will use your strong project management capabilities to coordinate all aspects of the on-boarding process, including working with the PORT and Core Sales teams, understanding the client workflow, providing in-depth training and assisting clients in reconciling data.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate extensively with our PORT sales teams to ensure that PORT Enterprise clients are efficiently on-boarded while meeting their requirements
- Collaborate across business units such as: Product, Operation, Analytics, Engineering as well as Buy-side Order Management (AIM) to deliver the Bloomberg value proposition to clients
- Execute the agreed implementation plan to ensure maximum satisfaction for new clients
- Provide detailed product feedback from clients to internal business managers in an effort to continually improve our products
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in Buy-Side financial institutions or a Financial Technology Organisation
- Project management experience in or for buy-side financial institutions
- Understanding of workflows used by portfolio managers, risk and attribution specialists
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders both externally and internally
- Experience with fixed income, equities and derivatives asset classes
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to manage complex projects
- Experience conducting training both internally / externally
- Track record of meeting deadlines and setting priorities
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English and Japanese
We'd love to see:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree and CFA
- Experience communicating with Engineering groups on product enhancements and development
- The inclination and aptitude to pick up new technologies and procedures
- The ability to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences
- Advanced Microsoft Excel / Power BI / Tableau skills / Python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/portfolio-risk-analytics/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.