Marketing Manager - Government Relations, Singapore
Posted May 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 116256
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. To ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering outstanding end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business in Financial Solutions department to seize and create opportunities and to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We create campaigns and work that captures attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is integrated and pioneering.
What’s The Role?
The marketing team is looking for a highly motivated marketer who will lead our government relations efforts in the APAC and EMEA regions. This will involve building relationships with key partners across the government relations teams to develop and implement strategic multi-channel marketing programs aligned to the objectives of Bloomberg's financial solutions businesses.
You will collaborate with internal marketing colleagues, including our in-house creative team, globally to build these strategic and effective programs and handle execution to the highest standards. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to lead a high volume of projects and demonstrate a passion for our brand.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Build trusted relationships with government relations leadership to determine priorities, and develop, execute, optimize and assess marketing program to engage government bodies.
- Work with our government relations colleagues to find synergies across their priorities and the Financial Solutions business
- Manage campaign execution from planning to implementation through all functional marketing areas as well as internal & external agencies
- Work closely with marketing managers globally to ensure the solutions/audiences you are responsible for are supported with well-informed and innovative marketing programs that optimally deliver a return on our marketing investment
- Run your own workload and prioritize multiple requests from various parts of the business
- Become an advocate for the Bloomberg brand to ensure all marketing activities are aligned and support the overall brand
- Work across multiple teams to deliver the best results
- Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
- Be innovative and creative to bring new ideas to the team
You’ll Need to Have:
- 8+ years of recent experience working as a marketing professional in a multinational organization
- Successful track record in developing and executing B2C and/or B2B marketing programs in APAC region
- Experience in leading marketing activities related to government relations and financial regulators etc.
- Demonstrable ability to partner with the business and internal marketing teams
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills with an ability to create project plans and manage through seamless execution
- Proven stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Good communication skills with strong written and spoken English skills to work with various stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven continuous career growth within an organization
We’d Love to See:
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to adapt and learn a new market or industry
- Ability to influence and collaborate with all levels and departments
- No fear of failure
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or positions. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.