Social Editor, Asia - Singapore
Posted May 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 116294
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy Forum.
The APAC digital team is seeking a Social and Audience Development Editor to drive growth across Bloomberg Digital properties. The ideal candidate will manage content distribution and strategy across social media platforms. You will work with reporters and editors to frame and optimize text and video content for social platforms, and package content for distribution on Bloomberg social accounts in an effort to drive traffic back to Bloomberg.com.
You are an expert in social media best practices and have a deep knowledge of what types of stories perform best on each platform. You have the ability to take a single story and package it in different ways on each platform to ensure optimal performance. You will be responsible for identifying top stories and social trends as well as monitoring breaking news and live events.
We'll trust you to:
- Think creatively about tactics and techniques in order to meet monthly traffic goals
- Distribute Bloomberg content (video, stories, etc) on social platforms with an eye toward expanding reach, increasing engagement and driving up referral traffic
- Cover breaking news on a daily basis
- Own story packaging for specific content verticals across platforms
- Monitor, analyze and distribute social metrics to wider teams as needed
You'll need to have:
- Atleast 2 years of experience as a social media editor, preferably in a digital newsroom environment
- Proficiency in social analytics and publishing tools including but not limited to CMS, Chartbeat, Parsely, SocialFlow
- Experience working and collaborating with various stakeholders across the region
- Strong editorial judgment and regional news coverage experience.
- An ability to stay calm and act in a fast-paced, breaking news environment
- An ability to adapt to changing news habits and audience behaviors
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
We’d love to see:
- A demonstrated track record of driving audience growth and social referral traffic
- Familiarity with business and finance news is a plus
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.