Bloomberg Data, Localization Data Analyst, Tokyo
Posted May 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 116299
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
What’s the role?
You will be joining our Localization team that supports Bloomberg’s products for the Japanese speaking market. As part of our global Localization team, you will be responsible for providing high quality Japanese translations such as software localization, marketing materials, Business Intelligence research, company information and financial content, and QA of analytical tools to our local clients. You will work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product for the local market. Join our growing global Localization team that supports Bloomberg sales efforts by providing products for the Japanese speaking market.
You’ll need to have:
- Native level fluency in Japanese, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese, including familiarity with local culture and customs, and financial markets
- Translation experience from English to Japanese
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Linguistics, Translation, and Language Localization, and excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Motivated and dedicated work ethic; you'll work as part of a team and independently, work with minimal supervision and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to lead projects, balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Strong knowledge of Localization processes and familiarity with CAT tools and terminology management
- Project management experience
- Legal authorization to work full-time in Japan and will not require visa sponsorship
We’d love to see:
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to actively contribute to improve processes for localization
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.