Enterprise Services - AIM (Buy-side OMS) Implementation Specialist - Tokyo
Posted May 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 116320
AIM is the Bloomberg buy-side order management system, delivering global multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, order management and execution, compliance, and post-trade operations. AIM is used by more than 15,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 900 buy-side firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market that allows clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets, or investment styles on a fully hosted platform, without disruption.
What’s the role?
The Buy-Side Implementation Team is critical in launching a successful client engagement by providing buy-side industry insight and best practice trading workflows for a wide range of client types. As an Implementation Manager, our clients will depend on you to provide project management, client onboarding, system configuration, training, testing and support across portfolio construction, position & risk management, order & trade execution management, compliance, and investment operations.
We'll trust you to:
Successfully onboard clients onto Bloomberg Buy-Side Solutions
- Construct and own detailed project plans and provide project management and governance across the entire life of the project by coordinating with relevant Bloomberg departments, the client and third-party vendor applications
- Lead implementation activities working alongside colleagues in Sales, Account Management and Product Development
- Navigate and organize complex client requirements to clearly define project milestones and timelines with a high degree of confidence and credibility
- Effectively manage client expectations for a better on-boarding experience
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication channels across multiple implementation projects concurrently with varying degrees of asset class and workflow complexities
Understand and design a client’s Bloomberg target operating model
- Partner with Sales to drive and own project scoping, requirements gathering and solution design prior to completing the sale
- Influence and implement industry best practices for investment management workflows
- Develop and execute strategies to better penetrate our solutions and increase usage by time of go-live
- Drive operational discipline and the evolution of global processes as best practices
- Lead and document investment and operational workflow design sessions for various asset classes, including equities, fixed income, alternatives, derivatives, and related workflows
- Engage the Client’s key leaders to understand, redesign, and deploy strategic business workflows across the full spectrum of the investment cycle, including pre-trade decisioning, order management, trading, investment operations, risk management, compliance, oversight, closed-book accounting, or performance measurement & attribution
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise implementation experience, preferably with Order Management, Compliance or Electronic Trading systems
- Understanding of financial instruments (e.g. Fixed Income, Equity, Alternatives)
- Project management experience, ideally at a large enterprise in the financial industry
- Deep knowledge of buy-side industry trends and best practices for workflows and technology stacks
- Deep knowledge of workflows across portfolio management, order management, trading, compliance, and operations for institutional investment managers
- Proven ability to work across multiple teams and departments, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Japanese and English
- Great organizational skills, a proactive attitude, and an ability to work well as a team
We’d love to see:
- Working understanding of Bloomberg's Buy-side OMS (AIM)
- Experience using MS Project, JIRA
- Experience in solution architecture
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.