Senior Reporting and Data Analyst – Management and Enterprise Business Intelligence - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Oct 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 117797
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
Bloomberg’s Management and Enterprise Business Intelligence team continually improves our Product and Sales teams’ ability to make data-driven decisions through speed, transparency, and extraordinary customer service. We firmly believe our people are at the core of our success. Our people arm our client-facing teams with data to optimize their prospecting and retention efforts. We enable Product teams to build better by providing them with deep insights into customer behavior. We help the News organization identify and explain long-term trends in readership, and we provide Bloomberg senior management with predictive analytics to improve revenue forecasting. And – that’s just a sampling of projects from a typical week!
We’re looking for a Senior Reporting and Data Analyst to join our team. You love to uncover insights using data, and balance quantitative and qualitative skills to solve real business challenges. You are excited about partnering with product and sales managers to help them better understand their audience and opportunities for growth – from basic function usage to deeper analysis that identifies new methods for driving adoption and identifying leads.
Our team is passionate about using data and analysis to help find opportunities through narrow targeting, profiling, and segmentation. We partner with product managers, Sales, Analytics, COOs, Finance leads, and more to promote adoption, retention, and deeper engagement with our products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Generate ideas and institute repeatable processes that support sales, adoption, and engagement of our products to drive usage
- Analyze large data sets to develop critical insights, such as identifying target audience segments for lead generation and/or marketing campaigns, and collaborate with business units on long-term planning, policy development, and problem resolution
- Operate as an internal consultant for our Financial Products teams in addressing strategic and operating issues, as well as manage ad hoc requests and special projects that may interface across multiple business units, disciplines, and departments around the usage of the Bloomberg Terminal across desktop, API, and mobile
- Work on internal and external communications as needed for senior managers, special events, and other key constituent interactions
- Operationalize individual and business performance metrics and report on deliverables through monthly/quarterly/annual reporting
- Develop, maintain, and optimize reports and business intelligence dashboards
You’ll need to have:
- Undergraduate degree in a finance or quantitative field
- A minimum of 3 years' progressive professional experience in data analytics, data modeling, segmentation, quantitative methods, extracting insights, and influencing data-driven decision-making
- A minimum of 3 years' advanced SQL skills and experience working with relational databases, knowledge of big data systems such as Hadoop, and previous work in programming languages such as Python or R
- Experience with data visualization software tools (e.g., Qliksense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and Web Analytics Tools (Google Analytics, Omniture etc) and the shown ability to learn and master new tools quickly
- Ability to work with and explain technical concepts to non-technical partners, and break down sophisticated business problems into achievable steps
We'd love to see:
- An advanced degree in a finance or quantitative field
- A minimum of 2 years of Qlicksense, Tableau, or Power BI experience
- Experience in constructing complex queries in SQL and in Pyspark/Pandas, and some exposure to ETL and data warehousing concepts
- Experience in statistical analysis and machine learning techniques (e.g., regression, clustering, time series, etc.)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus