Bloomberg Intelligence – ASEAN Consumer / Real Estate Research Associate, Singapore (9 Month Contract)
Posted Aug 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 118153
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis on 135 industries and 2,000 companies, industry data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for helping construct data analysis, actively contribute to the research workflow and conducting investment research on companies related to the consumer and property sector, with a focus on Southeast Asia. This analysis will be based on external and internal Bloomberg data sets, such as financial data, company filings, excel models and companies’ news releases and presentations.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation, exhibit creation)
- Manage significant data analysis and modeling responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients, attend company conference and earnings calls as requested by your analysts
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- 1-3 years of financial market research experience with focus on either the consumer or property sector. Experience with both sectors and proficiency in a native ASEAN language would be an advantage
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Financial Macro Development and knowledge of VBA/Python
- Excellent communication skills: writing and presentation
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.