Cyber Security Analyst (Weekend Coverage) - Singapore
Posted Aug 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 118382
Working hours: Saturdays & Sundays 8AM-9PM, Mondays & Tuesdays 8AM-6PM (4 days a week)
We protect Bloomberg.
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security teams work to build and maintain the safest operating environment for Bloomberg’s users. The Triage Analyst's function, within the Cyber Security Operations Center, is considered to be a key pillar in Bloomberg’s security program design and strategy. Are you a motivated technical professional, who has a passion towards cyber security? And are accomplished in a systems- or applications-support role? In this entry level role, Bloomberg will provide you the opportunity to apply your current skills, while rapidly developing new ones that are required in the Cyber Security field.
The Bloomberg CSOC is responsible for the detection of cyber threats, and when detected, responsible for the rapid response, across both the diverse lines of business and the global network. The CSOC is an open and collaborative environment, where members work together to identify and address the latest cyber security threats facing the company. The CSOC is to be staffed 24 x 7 x 365, with varying shifts, and multiple tiers of support, ranging from first response teams to the Computer Incident Response Team. Further, there is opportunity to work with these more experienced members on some of the latest cyber security defense technologies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work Saturdays & Sundays 8AM-9PM, Mondays & Tuesdays 8AM-6PM (4 days a week), to support the 24x7x365 Cyber Security Operations Center
- Demonstrate a passion and good judgment as a network defender
- Identify and act as the initial responder to all security events
- Learn and understand the broader security of Bloomberg’s environment
- Monitor for events that match predefined criteria, and respond according to standard operating procedures as well as use good judgement for matters where a procedure doesn’t exist
- Bring to closure a significant majority of events without the involvement of other teams
- Share robust case notes when raising issues in order to help the next team member
- Remain up-to-date with cyber security threats and trends
- Deliver on relevant cyber security metrics and measurements for the role and area of responsibility
- Collaborate directly with colleagues across the firm to resolve security matters while furthering the program’s brand through your constructive and thoughtful approach
- Respond to varying seniority levels of employees and contractors throughout Bloomberg, to address cyber security concerns
- Ensure appropriate coverage for the assigned shift and provide ample awareness to changes to commitments
- Produce and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures
- Generate ideas for continued improvement, including conceptual design of new threat scenarios
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 1+ years of professional work experience in a Cyber Security (CSOC) Analyst role
- Minimum 1+ years of professional work experience with enterprise network and host security controls
- Minimum 1+ years of experience working with operating systems (Windows, Linux and/or Mac)
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications
- Deep understanding in a variety of logs, log events, and Splunk
- Previous experience working with a Security Event and Incident Management platform
- Experience working with remote cross-regional teams
- Ability to be autonomous but proactive in reaching out for support
- Solid understanding of computer networks and the TCP/IP stack
- Deep understanding of and proven initiative in further growing knowledge of cyber security trends and potential threats
- Knowledge of client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, firewalls, VPNs, and enterprise Anti-Virus products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We'd love to see:
- Work experience within a Cyber Security Operations Center
- Experience with programming / scripting
- Experience with middle-ware web services (IIS, Apache)
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Relevant Certifications in the information security space
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients, and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Find out more here:
Singapore | www.bloomberg.com/singapore
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.