Senior ASEAN Producer
Posted Sep 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 118880
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to New Economy Forum.
Bloomberg TV is looking for a senior producer to join the Asia Pacific News Desk based in Singapore. This is a pivotal role in the newsroom requiring a collaborative attitude and a global perspective. You are passionate about business and financial news, demonstrate excellent editorial judgment, have keen attention to detail and the ability to tell stories using graphics, charts and video elements. You'll be expected to produce from the studio and the field, for TV shows out of Asia, EMEA and the US - as well as across our various media platforms. You'll also be asked to leverage your contacts to book newsmakers and produce content from simple graphics and video to longer packages and documentaries.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide editorial support to the news desk, show producers and anchors including taking on planning responsibilities as needed
- Manage the logistics of field productions including site surveys, travel and accreditation
- Field produce at news events in Singapore and abroad as needed including managing logistics, producing live reporter hits, remote anchored programs, interviewing newsmakers and communicating constantly with the relevant news desk and live shows
- Provide production support to our live TV broadcasts, including managing the editing of sound from our key interviews for rebroadcast and arranging live hits with internal Bloomberg experts
- Produce and manage the edits of pre-recorded interviews and manage edits from live incoming feeds
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's media platforms as required to ensure we maximize the impact of our content around the world
- Pitch stories and guests for daily programming
- Write scripts and produce video / graphics content
- Work hand-in-hand with video and graphics editors to ensure content is accurate and follows the journalistic standards set forth by Bloomberg
- Bachelor's degree or degree equivalent qualifications
- At least 7 years of recent experience in journalism in a news broadcasting environment
- Experience in providing editorial support including but not limited to writing scripts, producing packages
- Experience in supporting live TV production and field production including but not limited to conferences, events, interviews
- Experience in covering global business and economics news
- Flexibility in working hours, including early starts and travel.
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication.
- Strong news judgement and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Experience reporting on ASEAN countries
- Experience producing video content with working knowledge of video shooting and editing
- Proven success booking newsmakers and other guests
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Singapore | www.bloomberg.com/singapore
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for