Product Manager – Regulatory Reporting
Posted Sep 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 120081
The pace and scale of regulatory change has been unrelenting for global investment firms, banks, broker dealers etc. Bloomberg’s Regulatory Reporting Services (BRRS) is a business that caters to a broad set of global clients, firms impacted by one or more regulations, including, MiFIR, EMIR, Dodd-Frank and other G20 derivatives reporting obligations. We’re investing in this business and building out a multi-obligation reporting and assurance services business on top of our award winning MiFIR regulatory reporting hub and complementing our regulated entities (ARM & APA). We’re looking for a regulatory specialist with a passion for delivering innovative client solutions.
What’s the role?
You will join the BRRS team as a Regulatory Reporting Product Manager. You will have direct responsibility for defining, developing, testing and executing on the product vision for the business. This will require you to have a good understanding of regulation with specialist knowledge of either MiFIR, SFTR or G20 reporting (EMIR, CFTC, MAS or ASIC).
The Regulatory Reporting Product Manager will use their market and regulatory knowledge to deliver a primary reporting solution that meets clients’ expectations of accurate and complete reporting. You will understand clients’ needs and ensure product development is tailored to meet these.
In this role, you'll be expected to exhibit sound judgment, coordination, collaboration, communication as well as technical regulatory expertise. You will work closely with Engineering and QA stakeholders in designing, developing, and delivering new solutions. You will also play a key role in the maintenance and improvement of existing solutions.
You'll need to define the strategic roadmap for delivering all regulatory changes by their implementation dates. Above all, you'll need to maintain progress against long-term goals to enable the realization of the strategic objectives of the business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Stay up to date with the regulatory landscape to ensure our product meets the latest regulatory changes
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand clients’ reporting needs and help define, develop, and implement in the most efficient manner
- Take a lead role in product design, development and roll out of new solutions. You will also play a key role in the maintenance and improvement of existing solutions
- Liaise with Engineering regarding the technical realisation of solutions, writing technical and functional specifications
- Specify the detailed rules, the user stories and use cases for new solutions
- Track projects, and articulate roadblocks, delays, and successes
- Understand and identify opportunities for business expansion
- 10+ years of experience working within financial services/regulatory environment*
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent data analysis skills and an ability to work with data and turn it into information and operational insights
- A real passion for building strong relationships with internal colleagues to ensure the successful build and execution of the product
- Direct experience in writing requirements for reporting and control solutions for one or more of the regulations in our current stack (MiFIR, SFTR, EMIR, MAS, ASIC, HKMA, CFTC, Canada, SEC)
- Knowledge of fixed income, equities and derivatives, electronic execution, trade and transaction reporting, trade repositories and front to back-office workflows
You’ll need to have:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner Employability, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org