Data Product Owner - Fund Classification
New York, NY
Posted Sep 29, 2023 - Requisition No. 120545
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What’s the role?
A key component of any fund's data is the classification of its investment strategy as stated by the fund manager. The Data team is looking for an individual to own this crucial area of our dataset. This person will have ownership and oversight of the process through which funds being built on the terminal are classified, reviewing the classification hierarchies currently in place, and ensuring a strategic plan for future improvements to both the process and classification data model across any applicable asset type (ie. Equity, Fixed Income etc), to ensure relevance of the product. This role will have significant impact within the overall product roadmap and will report directly to senior management. Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, work closely with our clients and understand their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients get access to a market leading fund data platform and maintaining an outstanding Fund classification product.
We’ll trust you to:
- Direct a comprehensive and outcome driven data strategy for a data set. Own the design and implementation of all fund classification structures and hierarchies within the Data Product
- Design and oversee processes to ensure high quality of all fund classification outputs
- Establish and apply product thinking to data to provide the right capabilities to consumers at the right time
- Engage with market participants and internal product partners to identify and ensure all client needs and trends are accounted for within our product design
- Continuous evaluation of the fit-for-purpose nature of fund classification models
- Outline strategic plans for development of current systems to meet customer needs, and maintain and evolve a business plan for Funds Classifications
- Establish relationships with a range of fund houses and market players to engage on the topic of classification needs of our clients
- Use your market knowledge to perform market analysis to assess fit for purpose of current classification hierarchies
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to improve relevant product databases
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with raised client inquiries, and upskill our clients through training and client calls
- Take ownership and be proactive with our fund classification workflow, and set plans to ensure speed, accuracy and relevance are at the centre of our work.
- Report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as required and produce metrics that measure business impact and success
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience
- 4+ years’ experience of professional work experience in Data Product Ownership or related field
- Experience working in the funds or asset management space particularly in the area of investment objectives setting and management
- Comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Strong interest in problem solving particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business partners and management
- Ability to influence others and lead change
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or certification such as a CFA charter holder or CAIA
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Experience leading a group of people to achieve a common goal
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming for example Excel, SQL, and/or Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 170,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus