Specialist Sales - BloombergNEF Relationship Manager - Mumbai
Posted Oct 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 120852
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are. The Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is the world’s leading strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. Our analysis, models, and world's most comprehensive databases help CEOs, commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities.
What's the role?
We are looking to grow the BNEF commercial team's presence in Mumbai to manage a wide range of client portfolios. Do you have a passion for the energy transition, and finance and want to be at the forefront of these exciting fast-changing industries? In this role, you'll be responsible for building new relationships and driving the growth of our business. You are professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You balance quality and thoughtfulness with speed and agility. Teamwork is important to you, and you have a passion for providing platinum customer service.
We'll trust you to:
- Source new business opportunities and identify leads for BNEF services across energy, automotive, technology, and financial industries
- Manage, renew and up-sell a book of clients
- Collaborate closely with the Bloomberg Terminal representatives in the territory to grow and expand existing relations, as well as prospecting new leads
- Coordinate client events by inviting clients / prospects and handling logistics
- Respond to client requests ensuring quick turnaround
- Assist in the preparation of major sales activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences
- Provide constructive feedback to product and analysis teams regarding client needs
- Manage proposals and contracts
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years of B2B sales experience, preferably in the market research or professional services space
- Background in or an understanding of the energy sector landscape in India
- A track record of building industry relationships and exceeding sales targets
- Experience with CRM systems and the ability to diligently manage your sales pipeline
- An ability to collaborate across teams and work on parallel tasks
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- A strong interest and understanding of the energy transition
- Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator and related sales tools
- An existing network within the industry
- Communication skills in any regional Indian languages other than/in addition to Hindi
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.