Enterprise Sales - Buy-side Enterprise API Specialist - Singapore
Posted Oct 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 120921
Bloomberg is a global information and technology company. We use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
What's the role?
The Buy-Side Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM) team is responsible for the growth, retention, and management of our largest, most strategic buy-side clients. As part of the Enterprise Build Group (EBG) within ERM you will use your technical knowledge in data manipulation, visualisation, programming, and APIs to help the Buy-Side sales department advance commercial opportunities in a wide range of specialized product offerings that are constantly evolving. Namely, our Portfolio Management reporting APIs which are delivered through Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau and Python. You will help our sales and account managers during the pre-sales process, acting as an internal consultant with regards our product capabilities, scoping the customer requirements in detail and providing proof-of-concept prototypes that adhere to what the customer requires of our system. In the implementation stage you will work with product specialist implementation teams to deliver the solutions that were scoped out in the pre-sales process. Your strong communication and project management skills will play a critical role in your interactions with multiple internal stakeholders across the region, as well as users across front office, trading, compliance, operations, and IT.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build an in-depth understanding around our clients' workflow and the Bloomberg buy-side solutions that they utilize to serve their requirements. In particular, we will expect you become a Subject Matter Expert in the Enterprise APIs that are available for PORT (Portfolio Management and Reporting), MARS (Multi Asset Risk System), AIM (Buy-side Order and Position Management System), RMS (Research Management Solutions), and BQL & BQuant (our Quant offerings)
- Scope customer requirements accurately to ensure that our API solutions are fit for purpose
- Prototype proof-of-concept solutions based on our Enterprise APIs as well as implementing them in production for our Enterprise Product customers
- Proactively engage with our sales force across the Asia Pacific region to identify additional commercial opportunities and provide education for the product features that you specialize in
- Proactively engage our product development teams to anticipate new product releases as well as to provide regional feedback that can help us continuously improve our product offerings
- Work on documentation, training material or internal tools that can help your diverse stakeholder base better service our clients
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of client facing experience in Financial Services or a Financial Technology company
- Minimum 3 years of Python programming experience
- Project management experience, working with multiple internal stakeholders, gained within the past 3-5 years
- Strong understanding of financial markets including a good grasp of buy-side workflows and user types
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn other programming languages and tools
- A proactive attitude and ability to self-manage
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English, with the ability to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Bachelor’s degree or degree equivalent qualifications
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Power BI native analytics languages: M and DAX
- Experience with SQL and data modelling in general
- Experience with data science projects / machine learning
- Practical experience with a common cloud technology vendor: Snowflake, Databrick, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Fluency in Mandarin to support our Chinese-speaking clients
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Singapore | www.bloomberg.com/singapore
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.