Posted Nov 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 121771
Bloomberg News is looking for an experienced, self-starting wordsmith to join our Technology, Media and Telecom team in Europe as an editor.
We're seeking someone with excellent writing skills, strong news judgement and a solid understanding of the tech industry and its role in the global economy, geopolitics and transforming industries. A successful candidate knows how to collaborate, performs well under pressure, switches gears quickly and is passionate about the beat.
You will help us with coverage of all major breaking tech news in the European morning, working with colleagues to ensure a seamless handoff from one region to the next and infuse the biggest stories with a global perspective. When off deadline, you will inspire our team to produce longer-form, maximum-impact enterprise that effects change and drives the most important conversations in the tech world.
We'll ask you to:
- Work closely with reporters to develop, shape and refine their stories
- Move quickly and with a sense of urgency amid big breaking news cycles and help our reporters write with sweep and context
- Foster collaboration on a team that stretches from London and Paris to Johannesburg and Tel Aviv
- Coordinate with other parts of the newsroom and with tech reporters and editors worldwide to ensure the best stories get the attention they deserve and that our coverage is cohesive
You'll need to have:
- Outstanding news judgement and strong editing skills
- An ability to think creatively about story presentation, formats and work with different platforms
- A proven track record of mentoring, coaching and advocating for reporters and their work
- A strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
- A solid understanding of the tech industry and EMEA languages is a plus
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)