Senior Software Developer - Trading Systems
Posted Dec 23, 2009 - Requisition No. 17778
Bloomberg's Trading Systems team is looking for experienced and delivery focused C/C++ developers to enhance its state-of-the-art, internationally leading trading platform.
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key player in the direction and development of our Trading System. We are currently expanding our coverage in several new markets and developing a variety of new features and functionality. The day to day role covers early responsibility over the full development lifecycle; from working closely with internal business groups, gathering and clarifying requirements to building, delivering and maintaining the software. Global impact is high so you should be delivery focused and able to handle a fast paced environment. The Trading Systems group is growing fast so there are excellent opportunities to progress.
The Bloomberg Trading System is a comprehensive solution for the global trading community, providing trade capture and position management whilst leveraging Bloomberg's Market leading data, news and analytics throughout the workflow of the system. Our clients rely on the Bloomberg Trading system for business critical applications such as market compliance, market connectivity, risk management, pricing, and straight-through-processing.
- Strong and extensive C and C++ development skills
- Working knowledge of UNIX including scripting
- Demonstrate professional experience of object-oriented design, using data structures, systems and applications programming
- Database design experience desirable
- Multi-threaded programming skills desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Finance experience not essential
Other desirable skills include:
- Buy-side/Sell-side Order Management system experience
- Project management experience
Bloomberg is the leading global provider of financial data, news and analytics. The BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service and Bloomberg's media services provide real-time and archived financial and market data, pricing, trading, news and communications tools in a single, integrated package to corporations, news organizations, financial and legal professionals and individuals around the world