Creative Director - Website
New York, NY
Posted Jun 25, 2008 - Requisition No. 21821
Few organizations can keep up with the fast-paced, 24/7 nature of today's media coverage; even fewer can claim to have helped shape it. Bloomberg has long been a leading source of data and news, and presents one of the most challenging environments in financial journalism. Bloomberg offers a unique opportunity to produce real-time stories that shape the markets and our world.
Bloomberg News seeks a Creative Director for Bloomberg.com, the award-winning Web site focused on business and financial news. The New York-based job requires the a high degree of creativity and the ability to build page templates and interactive features for the site, to develop innovative solutions to editorial concepts, to monitor the site for consistency of design, and to suggest improvements in architecture, content presentation and functionality. The successful candidate would work closely with Bloomberg Web R&D in Princeton to guide design changes through implementation. All candidates must submit a resume and samples of work.
Responsibilities include the creation of a compelling visual framework for audio, video and podcasts, design prototypes for special projects and recommendations for site navigation and architecture. The creative designer will also test new graphics features for usability on different browsers and ensure design compliance.
- Minimum of five years designing Web site graphics
- Advanced Photoshop/Fireworks and Macromedia Flash skills
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXPress and Illustrator
- Broad knowledge of Web-design trends and techniques