New York, NY
Posted Jun 25, 2008 - Requisition No. 21833
Few organizations can keep up with the fast-paced, 24/7 nature of today's media coverage; even fewer can claim to have helped shape it. Bloomberg has long been a leading source of data and news and presents one of the most challenging environments in financial journalism. Bloomberg offers a unique opportunity to produce real-time stories that shape the markets and our world.
Bloomberg News seeks an Education Reporter in our New York office to join our Health, Science, and Education team. The person in this role will cover higher education, educational finance, and U.S. government education policy. Knowledge of the economy, financial markets, and business is essential. A minimum of three years of feature-writing experience at a major newspaper or wire service is preferred. The successful applicant will produce breaking news stories under real-time deadline pressure, ensuring that the stories are clear and comprehensive.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience covering higher education, educational finance, and U.S. government education policy
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets, and business
- Ability to write clear, concise, and accurate news stories
- Ability to write quickly under pressure of real-time deadlines