.NET Senior Developer
New York, NY
Posted Jul 1, 2008 - Requisition No. 22023
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
The Desktop API / Excel Integration team is looking for an experienced .NET senior developer to play a leading role in the design and engineering of the next generation of Bloomberg integration platforms and services. Our development teams build desktop products utilizing Windows Forms, WPF, COM working with scalable robust service oriented architectures built using .NET 2.0 & 3.x (C#), C++, Microsoft Office, web services and Windows platform technologies and management tools.
- 5+ years designing and building successful Windows products.
- Strong OOD/OOP skills, and experience applying modern design patterns.
- Experienced with C++ Development.
- Experience with .NET architecture (CLR, GC, and C# programming).
- Experience with .NET UI platforms (WinForms and WPF).
- Experience with Web Services, WCF and multi-tier distributed systems.
- Experience with high-performance multi-threading in Win32 and .NET.
- Working knowledge of MFC, ATL, STL and COM technologies.
- Ability to estimate, plan, lead and execute complex technical projects