Sr. Software Developer - Derivative Applications
New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2008 - Requisition No. 22679
Bloomberg is the world's most trusted source of information for businesses and professionals. Bloomberg combines innovative technology with unmatched analytic, data, news, display and distribution capabilities, to deliver critical information via the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service and multimedia platforms. Bloomberg's media services cover the world with more than 2,200 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. The BLOOMBERG TELEVISION® 24-hour network delivers smart television to more than 240 million homes. BLOOMBERG RADIO® services broadcast via SIRIUS XM Radio and 1worldspaceTM satellite radio globally and on WBBR 1130AM in New York. The award-winning monthly BLOOMBERG MARKETS® magazine, Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine and the BLOOMBERG.COM® financial news and information Web site provide news and insight to businesses and investors.
The Derivatives Application group is seeking a hands-on technologist with in-depth knowledge of interest rate derivatives or structured notes or convertible bonds. The candidate will have significant experience developing systems involving securities specifications and structuring tools, utilizing market data, pricing model valuations and risk systems. The group is rapidly growing and expanding its coverage into the pricing and structuring of exotic swaps, caps and floors, range accruals, asset swaps, structured notes, volatility sensitive products and convertible bonds. The person in this role will work with developers, quants, business, clients and some of the best people in the industry to write the applications that feed the markets.
- Design, code, implement, and test new features and modules in Bloomberg's interest rate, structured notes or convertible bonds applications.
- Work with product management to translate and understand accurately product specifications.
- Project management including scheduling, budgeting, milestone verification, risk management, and project status reporting.
- Responsible for bug fixing issues with the software applications.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Strong and extensive C++/C/UNIX development skills.
- Experience designing and developing financial application UI's.
- Experience with industry standard tools for code coverage, debugging, performance profiling, memory management, and code coverage. For example dbx, Purify, Quantify
- Experience with at least one source code management tool such as CVS, Clearcase, Perforce, etc
- Good understanding of products such as vanilla swaps, FRAs, caps, floors, swaptions, range accruals, inflation based swap products, property derivatives and convertible bonds.
- 2+ years of designing and developing software to structure, analyze and price interest rate derivatives
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills