2010 Financial Software Developer
New York, NY
Posted May 29, 2009 - Requisition No. 23482
Bloomberg is the world's most trusted source of information for businesses and professionals. Bloomberg combines innovative technology with unmatched analytic, data, news, display and distribution capabilities, to deliver critical information via the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service and multimedia platforms. Bloomberg's media services cover the world with more than 2,200 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. The BLOOMBERG TELEVISION® 24-hour network delivers smart television to more than 240 million homes. BLOOMBERG RADIO® services broadcast via SIRIUS XM Radio and 1worldspaceTM satellite radio globally and on WBBR 1130AM in New York. The award-winning monthly BLOOMBERG MARKETS® magazine, Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine and the BLOOMBERG.COM® financial news and information Web site provide news and insight to businesses and investors.
Bloomberg's Research and Development department offers exciting opportunities for highly-motivated individuals seeking a challenging technical role in the financial industry. An extensive training program will provide technical and financial skills needed to succeed in Bloomberg's fast-paced and dynamic organization. Successful applicants will be involved in the design and development of state-of-the-art financial information products. The position can lead to a variety of career paths, including technologist and financial specialist. Candidates with related career experience in fields such as finance or accounting are encouraged to apply.
- Strong technical skills and/or a strong interest in programming
- Problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with a desire to design and develop financial software
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts/Master of Science, PhD or equivalent experience in one of the following disciplines:
- Minor in Computer Science OR work experience in a related field, with two programming classes
- Available to work full time in 2010
*Engineering (Civil, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Positions are located in both New York, New York and Princeton, New Jersey
- Please include your cumulative GPA as well as relevant technical skills on your resume
- APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITING AGENCIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR