Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Oct 1, 2009 - Requisition No. 24100
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is starting a revolution in derivatives by offering a complete one stop shopping tool for market professionals. The system includes structuring, pricing, data, valuation, and risk and lifecycle management for a wide variety of derivatives and structured products to compliment our strengths in news, connectivity, and market data.
To build this system the Derivatives Application group seeks a hands-on technical lead with in-depth knowledge of one of the following: Interest rate derivatives, structured notes, convertible bonds, equity derivatives, risk/valuation systems, or market data (volatility, swap/fwd curves). The candidate will have significant experience developing systems involving securities specifications and structuring tools, utilizing market data, pricing model valuations and risk systems. The group is rapidly growing and expanding its coverage into the pricing and structuring of exotic swaps and options, caps and floors, range accruals, asset swaps, structured notes, volatility sensitive products and convertible bonds as well as building an evaluated pricing service and cross-asset risk system.
- Design, code, implement, and test new features and modules in Bloomberg's interest rate, structured notes or convertible bonds applications.
- Work with product managers to translate and understand accurately product specifications.
- Project management including scheduling, budgeting, milestone verification, risk management, and project status reporting.
- Responsible for bug fixing issues with the software applications.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Strong and extensive C++/C/UNIX development skills
- 2+ years of designing and developing software to structure, analyze and price derivatives
- Experience with industry standard tools for code coverage, debugging, performance profiling, memory management, and code coverage. For example dbx, Purify, Quantify
- Experience with at least one source code management tool such as CVS, Clearcase, Perforce, etc
- Good understanding of derivative products such as swaps, exotic options, FRAs, convertible bonds, futures, structured notes
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills