Senior Software Developer - API Development Team
New York, NY
Posted Oct 23, 2009 - Requisition No. 24240
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg's API provides subscription based low latency market data and a wealth of historical and reference data in compact, self describing formats. These data are programmatically available to clients via C++, Java and .NET language bindings. Bloomberg's API development team is looking for an experienced C++ Software Developer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on highly optimized, scalable, redundant and distributed software that facilitates normalization, and delivery of data.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related Field (or equivalent expertise)
- Minimum of 5 years of C++ development experience
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented design
- Good knowledge of Multi-threading and Network programming
- Experience with High-Performance Unix Programming will be an advantage
- Knowledge of JAVA and .NET is a plus
- Understanding of XML/XSD and other schema driven data is a plus
- Financial and/or Market Data experience is a plus