Print News Summer Internship
Posted Feb 5, 2010 - Requisition No. 25156
Few organizations can keep up with the fast-paced, 24/7 nature of today's media coverage; even fewer can claim to have helped shape it. Bloomberg has long been a leading source of data and news and presents one of the most challenging environments in financial journalism. Bloomberg offers a unique opportunity to produce real-time stories that shape the markets and our world.
Bloomberg News summer interns will gain hands-on experience reporting and writing for the print/ news wire department of the world's largest real-time financial news service. Working with Bloomberg's 2,300 journalists in 132 news bureaus around the world, interns will contribute to coverage of financial markets, companies and economies. Successful applicants will produce breaking news stories under deadline pressure. Responsibilities may also include monitoring other media and writing spot features. This is a paid 10 weeks internship program based in our Tokyo office this summer.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications Studies/Mass Comms or any equivalent experience is required
- Interest in financial markets, companies and economies
- Prior reporting experience is essential
- Prior experience working in a real-time news environment is desirable
- Ability to work within a team under deadline pressure
- Fluency in English and Japanese is preferred
- Applicants must be available to work for 10 weeks program in Jul/Aug 2010