Head of Water Services
New York, NY
Posted Oct 22, 2010 - Requisition No. 27911
Bloomberg is the world's most trusted source of information for businesses and professionals. Bloomberg combines innovative technology with unmatched analytic, data, news, display and distribution capabilities, to deliver critical information via the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service and multimedia platforms. Bloomberg's media services cover the world with more than 2,200 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. The BLOOMBERG TELEVISION® 24-hour network delivers smart television to more than 240 million homes. BLOOMBERG RADIO® services broadcast via SIRIUS XM Radio and 1worldspaceTM satellite radio globally and on WBBR 1130AM in New York. The award-winning monthly BLOOMBERG MARKETS® magazine, Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine and the BLOOMBERG.COM® financial news and information Web site provide news and insight to businesses and investors.
Bloomberg New Energy Finance is the world's leading provider of industry information and analysis to investors, corporations and governments in clean energy, low carbon technologies and the carbon markets. Our dedicated global network of analysts are continuously monitoring market changes, deal flow and financial activity allowing instantaneous transparency into the clean energy and carbon markets. Through our Carbon Markets division we provide market-leading analysis and research for the global carbon markets. This includes analysis, price forecasting, consultancy and risk management.
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to build and drive our coverage of the global Water market. The Head of our Water Services team will establish and manage the production of a steady stream of Research Notes, which will be supplemented by conference calls, workshops and an annual Water & Energy Leadership Forum. The services will be supported by data sets which will be built and developed by our Research teams, in collaboration with the Water Services team. In addition to developing the product, the successful candidate would be required to lead the launch of the product to market in collaboration with our commercial team.
- Strong knowledge of the Water Services industry including the relationship between the Water and Energy markets. Able to demonstrate depth of knowledge and breadth of network gained.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Post-graduate level degree in a numerate or science based subject preferred.
- Solid Financial Services experience, including public markets, investments, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and project finance.
- Experience within an information services, research consulting, utility or financial services organization with proof of rapid progression.
- Experience leading a team.
- Exceptional quantitative skills, comfort with financial databases, corporate and market statistics among other aspects of financial analysis and consulting.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues to non-technical audiences in both written and verbal form.
- Must act as a thought-leader and self-starter, have a high work-rate, ability to work on parallel tasks and rigorous attention to detail.
- Major foreign languages an advantage.