Carbon Markets Analyst
Posted Jan 26, 2011 - Requisition No. 28770
Bloomberg New Energy Finance is the world's leading provider of industry information and analysis to investors, corporations and governments in clean energy, low carbon technologies and the carbon markets. Our dedicated global network of analysts are continuously monitoring technology market changes, deal flow and financial activity allowing instantaneous transparency into the clean energy and carbon markets and understanding of the fundamental economic drivers of these industries. Through our Carbon Markets division we also provide market-leading analysis and research for the global carbon markets. This includes analysis, price forecasting, consultancy and risk management.
We are seeking talented, highly-motivated individuals to join our carbon market analysis team. Specifically, we are seeking individuals with a background in one or more of the following: economics, environmental economics, natural sciences, engineering or finance with a post graduate qualification in a related discipline.
The successful candidate will join our existing carbon market research team in London working across the international and European carbon markets. With the aim of providing the most detailed and accurate analysis available the work will combine quantitative modelling with qualitative understanding of the policy and regulatory environment. Your work will make an immediate contribution to our research and you will soon be responsible for specific areas of analysis and client-ready output, drafting your own reports. You may also be engaged in client specific assignments demanding attention to detail and high levels of presentation whilst working to tight deadlines. Either through regular outputs or client projects, our findings are always communicated in a clear and insightful manner. The ability to write clearly and concisely, as well as discuss results with clients is an important part of the role.
- Evidence of interest in the carbon markets and low carbon economy.
- Post-graduate level degree preferred in a numerate or science based subject
- BSc/BA and or relevant experience as an intern or analyst within an energy, consulting or financial organisation.
- Strong working knowledge of economics, especially environmental and micro economics.
- Able to assimilate and assess new and highly technical information.
- Exceptional quantitative skills, comfort with databases, corporate and market statistics among other aspects of financial analysis and consulting.
- Ability to cut through the noise of large quantities of data, and to extract and analyse key patterns.
- Exceptional communication skills and professionalism.
- Thought-leader and self-starter, high work-rate, ability to work on parallel tasks and rigorous attention to detail.
- Major foreign language is an advantage.