Web/Mobile Infrastructure Architect (8+ Years) - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Feb 2, 2011 - Requisition No. 28857
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg's CTO Office is looking for a senior web and mobile systems architect experienced in the design of complex software infrastructure and business systems. This is a position for the serious systems architect who will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying a robust and scalable system/software solution that will integrate a variety of web and mobile products comprising the vast offerings of data and analytics on the Bloomberg platform. This is a unique opportunity to influence one of the most ubiquitous and influential focused products in the financial marketplace.
The ideal candidate must possess extensive experience in architecting web and mobile infrastructure systems. Demonstration of excellent communication skills, creative problem solving, and strong passion is a must. You must be a team player with proven success on achieving aggressive deadlines. Your responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of a comprehensive vision for Bloomberg's web architecture that complements other existing services that Bloomberg provides
- Developing a strategic plan for integrating the web offerings with the core data and analytics on the Bloomberg Professional service
- Driving standardization efforts for development environments, tools, and deployment procedures
- Working with the best and brightest people in the financial space to bring cutting edge web innovation to Bloomberg
- A distinguished and proven track record of successfully achieving high-profile business goals
- 8+ years experience in building complex and scalable web products serving large customer bases
- Strong knowledge of computer technologies and effective software development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in small, tight-knit teams as well as large corporate environments
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across multiple technological and business functions
- Exposure to financial markets is a plus