Computer Systems Security Architects - CTO Office (8+ Years)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 24, 2011 - Requisition No. 29098
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg's CTO Office is looking for senior computer systems security architects experienced in the security design of complex software infrastructure and business systems. These positions are for the serious systems security architects, who will be responsible for setting the architecture for the computer infrastructure and technology direction throughout Bloomberg. This is a unique opportunity to influence one of the most ubiquitous and influential focused products in the financial marketplace.
The senior architects will focus on a myriad of critical security aspects for the vast and complex software and hardware systems powering Bloomberg products and services, and will work with Research & Development projects to design, develop, and standardize the security architecture. Ability to perform systems security or vulnerability analysis and design is a must.
The ideal candidates must possess extensive experience in architecting secure computer infrastructure systems. Demonstration of excellent communication skills, creative problem solving, and strong passion is a must. Must be team players with proven success on achieving aggressive deadlines. Responsibilities include:
- Leading the development effort to ensure security of the core infrastructure without compromising performance and flexibility
- Fostering a culture of security consciousness across various software infrastructure teams
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and guiding development teams to address these security issues
- Defining a comprehensive set of security benchmarks and guidelines that are readily adoptable by software developers: web application pen testing skills, desktop application with low level static (i.e. C++ source code review), or dynamic testing skills
- Demonstrated leadership in all aspects of computer security
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions
- Prior software development experience (C, C++, C#, Java, Windows, Linux) and knowledge of software vulnerabilities
- Experience with any combination of system-level software, operating system internals, distributed systems, and network protocols
- Working knowledge of crypto (SSL certificates, code signing, symmetric crypto) is desirable
- Understanding of low-level OS security mechanisms for the purpose of designing applications with multi-process, multi-privilege architectures is a bonus