Network Management Programmer
New York, NY
Posted Mar 7, 2011 - Requisition No. 29235
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
The Core Network development team is seeking a dynamic, talented and experienced individual to fill a position in the Network Management area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new software or modify existing software as requested.
- Responsible for performing and automating updates to NM systems.
- Optimize existing network management monitoring infrastructure.
- Maintain and monitor production apps/processes, data, and NM devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair network management related issues.
- Document applications and procedures.
- Stay familiar with relevant current and future technologies.
- Bring unique talents and creativity to the table.
- BS/MS (CS/EE preferred) or better
- 5+ years hands-on experience in NM SW development on a sizable advanced network.
- Significant knowledge and experience with network management apps such as Openview, SMARTs or other major products.
- Significant experience with all areas of network management (FCAPS).
- Strong knowledge and experience with SNMP, RADIUS, LDAP, XML/SOAP
- Expert Unix knowledge and experience (Solaris, Linux mostly)
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols, and a solid understanding of routing and ethernet switching.
- MPLS knowledge a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with major networking vendor equipment such as Cisco and Juniper is a big plus.
- Strong experience with C#/C++, .NET & Java.
- Expert experience with MySql, Oracle or databases is acceptable too.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Strong sense of organization and obsessive attention to detail.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Responsible and flexible.
- Professional and ethical conduct.
- Self starter and enthusiastic team player.